We regret that this event has been canceled for weather and water quality concerns owing to Combined Sewer Overflows. More here: https://www.riverkeeper.org/campaigns/stop-polluters/sewage-contamination/cso/
Float your Pride at Gantry Plaza State Park on June 24 from 12pm to 3pm!
No registration needed to participate. Minors must be accompanied by a parent or guardian. Ages 4 and up to paddle and 14 and up to paddle in a boat without an adult.
If you’d like to volunteer, please register here:
A few pointers:
1. Expect to get wet! Wear fast-drying nylons and such, or just walk the damp off along the sunny, breezy shore.
2. No experience? No problem! Let our dock hands know and we’ll give you a primer or perhaps even pair you with a partner.
3. Prepare for a hot day in the sun, paddling and waiting on line. Bring water in a reusable bottle and a snack that doesn’t add to the plastic waste in our public waters.
4. Be patient! Our volunteers are donating their time and energy for your enjoyment.
5. Stay toward the center of the designated paddling area and don’t stray out into the current or too close to piers and rocks.
Some Green LGBTQ+ organizations you might love to know!
Sundance Outdoor Adventure Society
Knickerbocker Sailing Association
Out for Sustainability